Phelps County Regional Medical Center Office LPN - Medical Group in Rolla, Missouri
The Office LPN assists the physician or mid-level provider by providing assessment, treatment, testing, and education for the patients of the practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Administers medications (oral, IM, and SC) as ordered.
Assists the provider with procedures, maintaining sterile field and managing instrument trays.
Assists with examination as requested.
Documents chief complaint/visit reason and details according to provider preference.
Escorts patients to exam room.
Initiates, reviews, and updates patient's medication and summary list according to provider preference.
Obtains patient weight and vital signs accurately.
Performs point of care lab testing and obtains blood samples and other specimens for lab testing as ordered.
Provides patient teaching and supportive services as needed.
Provides treatments as ordered.
Schedules diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, obtaining precertification and authorization as required by payers.
Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
Standards of Behavior
v Service: I will seek out opportunities to improve customer satisfaction, always maintaining a positive attitude, showing respect to those we serve, and maintaining a safe environment for everyone
v Opportunity: I will address the needs of my customers and respond in a timely manner. It is my responsibility to provide everyone with prompt service, assist customers, listen courteously and maintain their right to privacy.
v Attitude: I will represent PCRMC with a positive attitude, caring demeanor and professional appearance in all encounters including stressful situations. A positive attitude is demonstrated through a friendly approach, active listening and meeting the needs of our customers.
v Respect: I am dedicated to serving our customers. I will treat everyone with courtesy and respect. I will respect and appreciate the value of all individuals through my behavior and communication.
v Safety: I am committed to promoting a safe culture within our organization.
Graduate of an accredited LPN program and approved IV therapy course.
Minimum Work Experience
Nursing or other health care experience preferred but not required.
Current LPN license in the state of Missouri required.
Considerable mental concentration required. Lifting up to 35 lbs., turning activities and nearly constant walking required. Standing, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching.
Frequent exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons at times. Frequent exposure to communicable disease via blood and other body fluids. Minimal physical discomfort.
Receipt and Acknowledgment
I acknowledge and understand that:
• Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind, and that my employment is at-will.
• This job description indicates the general nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of recipient. I know of no limitations which would prevent me from performing these functions with or without reasonable accommodation. I further understand that it is my responsibility to inform my supervisor at any time if I am unable to perform essential functions of the job.
• Job duties, tasks, work hours and work requirements may be changed at any time.
• Acceptable job performance includes completion of the job responsibilities as well as compliance with the policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
• I have read and understand this job description.