St. Mary's Good Samaritan Office Assistant-Lake Clinic in Lake Ozark, Missouri
The office assistant is responsible for day-to-day business office activities including receptionist duties including filing, copying, faxing, scheduling appointments, entering data into the computer, collection responsibilities, and promoting a professional image and attitude for the working environment.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Ability to use computers proficiently and other office equipment (fax machine, copy machine, typewriter and other equipment as required). Able to function effectively in stressful situations and flexibility in daily prioritizing of tasks. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information. Able to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Maintains the medical record including confidentiality, Preparation of new charts, maintaining charts and filing charts and reports.
- Demonstrates ability to set-up and perform clinic-specific equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to complete clinic-specific logs.
- Schedules appointments per provider protocols and maintains cancellations and reschedules.
- Maintains sufficient supplies and medications for smooth operation of the clinic.
- Assists with charge reconciliation including collection of fees and co-pays, completing encounter forms, checking for accuracy and daily collection balancing.
- Enters registration information for each patient including verification of patient demographics and accurate insurance information.
- Answers calls within three rings or less and triages calls appropriately.
- Accurately records patient information on call sheet and hands-off to provider or nurse in a timely manner.
- Prints, organizes and distributes clinic reports, correspondence and mail to the appropriate destination in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years secretarial/office experience
- Physician Office experience
*About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City *
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
Primary Location: Missouri-Lake Ozark-SSM Health Medical Group - 2265 Bagnell Dam Blvd
Work Locations: SSM Health Medical Group - 2265 Bagnell Dam Blvd (0011.2) 2265 Bagnell Dam Blvd. Lake Ozark, 65049
Job: Clerical & Customer Service
Req ID: 18006074